Some of the following tutorials still refer to versions < 0.8.x of the program and will be updated a little at a time. In any case, they should be relatively straightforward to follow even with versions >= 0.8.X; the main difference regards the project tree view, that now contains separate “Instrument”, “Sample”, “Dataset” and “Analysis” nodes, as well as the welcome screen introduced in version 0.9.3. Except for that, almost every other functionality is identical.
- Quick start. A short introduction to the program user’s interface through a simple example
- Quantitative analysis. This tutorial describes a step by step procedure to manually perform a phase quantitative analysis.
- Powder Diffraction Simulation. A quick description of the Powder Diffraction Simulation analysis wizard.
- Instrument calibration. A detailed guide on how to perform the instrumental calibration on a standard laboratory diffractometer.
- Size/Strain Analysis. This tutorial introduces the topic of microstructure characterization by means of peak broadening analysis, in the hypothesis of isotropic size and strain effects.
- Editing crystal structures. A quick tutorial on how to create and edit simple crystal structures with ReX.
- Indexing (ReX.Cell). A guide to the indexing wizard in ReX.Cell applied to a simple case.